To My Highly Sensitive Friends
- You hurt because you care.
- You cannot save the world alone, but it is kind of you to try.
- It is impossible to be anyone’s everything, but again, it is kind of you to try.
- Not everyone will make sacrifices for you the same way that you do for them.
- People that have been hurt don’t always play fair.
- Other people’s outbursts, accusations, and manipulations rarely have anything to do with you.
- Wanting more love, affection, and connection does not mean your are out of line or “too needy.”
- You can ask for seconds, because you often give more than you get.
- We all let people down, so don’t stifle yourself for fear of disappointing someone else.
- If you don’t take care of yourself, then you definitely can’t take care of anyone else.
- “Bad people” don’t sit around worrying about whether or not they are “bad” all the time.
- What is an obvious feeling to you is not always as obvious to everybody else.
- There’s no such thing as being “too much” for the right people.
- It takes incredible strength to walk the earth in your sensitive way.
- The world needs your empathetic nature now more than ever.
- You are part of a minority, but you are not alone.
- You are raw.
- You are real.
- You are loved.
- Please keep this as a reminder for when you forget.
Weekly podcasts for Highly Sensitive Persons at HSP S.O.S. on The Captain’s Pod!